The following pdf documents contain charts and explanatory material that Catholics familiar with the Mass as said pursuant to the “Novus Ordo” (i.e., according to the 1970 Missale Romanum and its progeny, including the 2011 Third Edition of the Roman Missal) might find helpful when attending the Extraordinary Form. Links to source material will come later.
- Notes on the Lectionary, the liturgical calendar, and canon law in the Extraordinary Form.
- Some Structural Differences between the liturgies.
- A guide to posture and some aural cues for orienting oneself.
- A summary of some easily observed differences in the ordinary.
- Congregational responses.
- Congregational responses (a condensed version).
All documents (except the two responses handouts, which were kindly produced by Andy Hoover) copyright Paul Krog 2015.
The congregational-response documents are down at the moment. Please accept our apologies.